Sunday, November 07, 2004

Chapter 14: "Confrontation"

"So...Toby and Melly. I see you found us."
I glanced back and forth between both pairs, trying hard to spot any differences between them. There were none. Each was as alike as the other, right down to the number of hairs on their heads, I believed.
Toby and Melly didn't utter a word. They just stood there, glaring intensely at Moby and Telly. In return, they were greeted with scornful half-smiles.
"Tell me something," I nervously broke the tension. "Because I've been confused ever since I got here. Who truly are the Antagonists, and what're your motivations?"
Strangely, the four of them seemed to have entered another world. It was like when I first met Toby and Melly, I couldn't see the four, but I could imagine them. What was happening? Were we still in the woods?
"We should've done this a long time ago." said Telly. She stepped forward, and lo and behold! Another Telly was right behind. That Telly moved sideways as well, and behind her was one more Telly!
Melly stared at the three Tellys, her lips giving away slight trepidation. Then she smiled. "Copy/ Paste. I know that as well."
She proceeded to take one step forward, and in the same way, a duplicate of herself appeared where she had stood.
"Tch, tch, tch," Moby clicked his tongue. "Only two? That's one short o...o...o..."
He struggeld to complete his sentence, but couldn't quite seem to move his jaw. The three Tellys watched in shock, but abrupty snapped out of it. "I'll break your Freeze Frame!" cried them as they charged forward.

No comments: