Friday, January 07, 2005

The Secret Room, 3rd Chapter

"I used to not care less about that Secret Room as well, thinking it was maybe some office they used to hold important meetings or keep stuff."
"But you see, there was this one night a few months ago I suddenly felt the call of nature. Right in the middle of the night when the whole world was asleep. Try as I could, there was nothing I could do but creep up to the toilet on the fifth floor."
"And as you know, I had to pass the Secret Room on the fourth floor to get there. So as I neared it, suddenly I heard voices coming from inside."
"That's not surprising," Jimmy cut in. "Maybe the nice ladies were having a meeting inside."
"That's what I told myself too. Only thing was, why on earth would they hold one at such an hour? It had to be something so important it couldn't wait till next morning. That was when my curiousity got the better of me."
"I pressed a ear against the door, trying to figure out what was going on inside. However, the voices were so soft and blurred that I could hardly make out the words."
"Then as I pressed my ear closer, that's when things started becoming weird. The whole door shook for no reason, first gently then slowly rougher."
"And here's what I swear happened: someone inside was screaming their lungs out; though I wasn't sure what the whole sentence was, it contained the word "Help". And then...then..."
"Then what? Come on, spill it out!"
"I saw the most terrifying thing I could ever imagine," Will's face was flushed with cold sweat. "Two long bony fingers poking out underneath the crack of the door, reaching out for me. Thank God that by some miracle I didn't faint, and found the strength to fly back to bed, terrified out of my wits."
Jimmy looked down, showing no emotion whatsoever. "It's been a long day, Will. Let's go to bed."

No comments: