Friday, April 21, 2006

Chapter 12: "Delete"

Yay! It's fun to write silly stories in office during my unsanctioned "2nd lunch break" from 1-2pm. =p On another note, this is the first time in months I've managed to post for 3 consecutive days. First time since the massive 7-day streak last October, in fact. Makes you wonder what happened to the mad, mad world of blog addiction.

I choked and wheezed, trying to release myself from his grasp.
"Is that all the Chosen One can offer me?" His fingers wrapped round my neck even more tightly. "Pathetic!"
Little flashing dots started floating before my eyes. He was going to suffocate me!
Then it appeared. A tiny square button, no more than three-quarters of an inch wide, materialised in my mind. Something was written on it. I took a closer look.
"DELETE".
Could it be another new power? I didn't take too long to think. Down went an imaginary finger on the button.
At once a blinding flash shot out of my hands. All I felt was a blast of searing air as I fell. When I opened my eyes again, Phocadis was sprawled on the ground, one arm over his chest.
"Amazing," he licked away the blood from the side of his mouth. "The Delete ray from you. I never would have believed it if I didn't see it with my own eyes."
He painfully hoisted himself up. "And we all thought only He possessed Delete. This makes for a most interesting battle indeed."
I took in a deep breath and tried using the Delete button again. Nothing happened - it was still sunken.
"Your powers of Delete are still new. You can't keep using them." He put on a pair of gloves with blades at the knuckles.
"I'm warning you. I might kill you with my next attack," he punched the air. "Accidents happen, you know."
"I don't care. You're losing anyway." Deep down, I wasn't even half that confident.
"GOOD!" He roared and Scrolled right at me, fist raised. I had to avoid his punch at all costs!
Shift!
High up into the air I rose, preparing for a chance to attack when I landed.
"Now DIE!" he laughed. "Scroll Up!"
The heck? He shot up two feet above me and directed a punch straight at my forehead.

No comments: