Thursday, March 24, 2005

Writer's Block

Wheeee~! It's been a while, but I'm getting back into the groove of enjoying writing "random stories with characters which appear out of nowhere".
Okay, so admitedly I'm exercising more restraint now compared to Blogspot. But still it's cool to be smack here at a stage where the story has just taken off. You have no idea how thrilling it is to turn down characters and plots which I don't deem fit enough on a daily basis! Taxing, but thrilling.
It's been a blessing that the first two chapters of Ghostopia came rather easily, cause the Exciting Story In Brew Syndrome was striking me hard last week: "The more you think about it, the more stuff you come up with, and the more stuff you come up with, the messier it becomes."
In fact, I had sat down a few times in vain to type out Chapter 1. It's always so difficult, so scary to put into word that defining first line. Feminist me insisted on a female protagonist, but the big hairy dude withing thought male characters are much easier to handle for such premises.
"But that's what makse this story so unique, dah-link."
"Shut up, you sissy."
And so Darren came to be. All right, it's actually because I think I've found a way to use a male protagonist while allowing shades of my feminity to seep through in other characters. Therefore, Belinda Cransley, whose name you shall Google till you know of, remains my only female lead in memory.
Mortie shall die tragically in the end! No wait, Emily! MUAHAHHAHAHAHA

(Disclaimer: tHis post was tyyped in arahter DrowSy sTATE OF MIND)

No comments: