Thursday, March 03, 2005

The Secret Room, 21st Chapter

Will truly felt all alone. "So you're going to just quit having anything to do with the Secret Room?"
"It's not that...I'm still very much interested in finding out what happened to Stella and Jimmy. But there's no way I'm putting myself in danger of ending up like them."
"Oh, come on. You could go missing any time of the day, as long as you're involved."
"You have no idea how frightening all this is," she said. "It's like one of those horror movies where everyone sits around waiting to get killed next."
"They're not dead."
"You can't be sure. Call me a coward, but I'm just too afraid something bad will happen to me."
"Oh, and you think I don't care about that? Jan, there's something dark about that room. Something dark, evil, mysterious that has been going on for many years now. It's something many kids in the past have tried to figure out, and I can't believe nobody has been able to."
Jan fixed her gaze on Will, at a loss for words.
"Since that night I saw those fingers under the door, I knew we kids have been fooled by Mrs. Banks all along," he continued. "Maybe I should've just left it there, but I dragged you, Jimmy, and Stella into this as well. Now that they've both disappeared, I'm in too deep. I can't just end it here."
"Will..."
He thought for a while. "You're right, probably. I guess it's selfish of me to make you come along. It was my plan, after all."
"So...you're really going to stay up tonight?"
"I'm turning mad, I tell you," Will knocked his head with his fists. "I have to go inside the Secret Room, or I'll seriously become crazy. So guess that's a yes."
"I see," nodded Jan slowly. "There's this tiny part of me that wishes I was as crazy as you. But...good luck."
"Thanks."
"Take care, will you? If anything happens, scream as loud as you can. She won't dare lay a finger on you."
"Whoa, sounds good. I'll keep that in mind."
Little did Will know that this would be the night everything came to an end.

No comments: